Primarily we are a wholefood shop selling a large range of mainly unprocessed food, and an increasing amount of organically produced food, much of which is grown locally.
- We use an ethical co-operative wholesaler who double-check things like ‘GMO free’.
- We keep our prices low by selling a lot of loose and bulk food i.e. oats, muesli, pulses, lentils, whole grains, rice, dried fruit and nuts, seeds, teas, coffees, herbs and spices.
- We also have some surprising sauces etc… (just ask).
- We stock a range of gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free products.
- Some supplements and herbal remedies are also on the shelves and we do our best to give you some informed advice when asked.
- We also aim to be eco-friendly, so we stock cleaning products that are kind to the environment and we refill washing up liquid, laundry liquid, fabric conditioner and multi-surface cleaner.
- A particular passion we have is building up our range of organic alcohol, this includes wine, beer, cider, port, spirits and liqueurs some of which are also ‘biodynamic’.
We, Mike and Sue English, have been running the business since 1986 and we love it. We have learnt so much and enjoy the conversations we have daily about life, death, the universe and everything! If you have any ideas of something you’d like to see on our website, please let us know.